David Dairon was born in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1840. He emigrated with his wife Isabella, born in 1845, sometime before 1871. The couple had eight children, all of whom were born in Canada. Two of their children died before the age of two.
David was a plasterer and mason by trade who built the marble staircase in the old Carnegie Library at Main and Hastings in Vancouver. While still living in Vancouver he was hired to plaster a house in Maple Ridge on Wilson Road (132nd Ave.) that belonged to a man named John Thomas. David later purchased part of this property in the 1890s from a man named Stevens and then later still, the entire 160 acres.
The Dairon family did not live on the property at this time, but used it for recreation, staying in the old Thomas house. David also donated 0.625 acres at the intersection of Lillooet Road [232 Street] and Wilson Road on which the first church in Yennadon was built about 1910.
David died in 1926 and the property was divided among his five surviving children who were still living in the area.