MUSIC ON THE WHARF IS BACK FOR ITS 24th SEASON!!!
(except this time, due to the ongoing covid situation, it’ll be a little bit different…)
Since 1997, this concert series has taken place on the Port Haney Wharf. Sadly, due to the pandemic, it was cancelled last year for the first time in over two decades.
This summer, we are excited to announce that this signature event will be back! But, with some modifications…
- In order to provide a safe event that meets physical distancing requirements, we will be hosting “Music on the Wharf” at Memorial Peace Park, conveniently located in downtown Maple Ridge.
- These concerts remain free to the public, but pre-reservation will be required as each event has a 100-person capacity.
- Patrons will be encouraged to sit within their “pods” for the duration of the concert to ensure that everyone stays safe and comfortable.
Other things to know?
- As with past events, donations are welcome (but not required) in order to help offset the cost of providing this community festival.
- Parking is limited to the nearby streets and underground parkade, so we ask that you come early to ensure space for your vehicle(s).
- Memorial Peace Park has a large and beautiful grassy area that will be sectioned off for the concerts. Patrons should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on.
- Due to the ongoing covid situation, we respectfully ask that all patrons pre-reserve their admissions, complete a health questionnaire upon arrival, and follow safety protocols.
- Patrons are encouraged to support local nearby businesses by purchasing take-away food and refreshments for a picnic during the show!
We are pleased to announce the following line up of local musical talent!
As seating inside the enclosed area is limited, be sure to reserve your spot well in advance by following the links below.
(all concerts are on Monday evenings, from 6:30pm to 8pm)
July 12, 2021: The Cat Murphy Band (a fabulous folk trio from East Van.)
Reservation for this event opens on June 28th. Click here to hold your spot on or after that date.
July 26, 2021: Linda Szentes & Jazzlinks (a multi-talented jazz group from all parts of the Lower Mainland)
Reservation for this event opens on July 5th. Click here to reserve a spot on or after that date.
August 9, 2021: Norine Braun (a highly accomplished Vancouver based blues / rock singer & songwriter)
Reservation for this event opens on July 12th. Click here to reserve a spot on or after that date.
August 23, 2021: Happy Hour (a well known, local favourite, specializing in Celtic tunes)
Reservation for this event opens on July 19th. Click here to reserve a spot on or after that date.
In case of rain, the concert will be cancelled, this decision will be made by noon the day of the concert. Signs will be posted at the venue, and you can contact 604-463-5311 for more details.
These concerts depend heavily on volunteers to help them run.
If you’re interested in being a part of the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.