Thomas Haney, with the help of Samuel Edge and Daniel Callaghan Jr., built this home for his family in 1883. It was patterned after the Haney family home in Ontario. The Haney family and their descendents occupied the house until 1979 when the last occupants donated the home and property to District of Maple Ridge as a museum of family life.