The Maple Ridge Historical Society relies on memberships from community members to survive. Societies are member-driven organizations that exist only so long as there are members supporting them.
The Maple Ridge Historical Society operates the Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives and manages Haney House Museum, St Andrews Heritage Church, and the Old Post Office building on Callaghan St. We are committed to preserving and honouring our local history, as well as the heritage and stories of the people who live in Maple Ridge today.
With the community’s support in 2023, this is what we accomplished:
- 8 temporary exhibits at the Maple Ridge Museum, Haney House Museum and Maple Ridge Public Library, with themes that included Maple Ridge’s Japanese Canadian history, early 20th century wedding fashion, and summertime activities in Maple Ridge.
- We had the honour of assisting several Japanese Canadians to reconnect with their Maple Ridge roots.
- We put on dozens of events, including Paranormal Nights, Mother’s Day, Apple Harvest Festival, monthly walking tours, and our popular monthly DARS Open House.
- Our community outreach program Museum on the Move made 15 appearances around the city and at community events.
- We made great progress in transitioning our archives and collections to a sophisticated digital cataloguing system.
- For the first time we began to collect stories and artifacts specifically relating to Maple Ridge’s LGBTQIA2S+ community.
- We intend to continue our trend of growth and community outreach with new and engaging exhibits at both museums and locations around Maple Ridge.
- We will honour Maple Ridge’s Sesquicentennial in a manner that is respectful and mindful of the area’s 10000+ year history.
- We will continue to bring Museum on the Move to every corner of town with engaging exhibits and activities for all ages and abilities.
- We will provide Maple Ridge’s educators with more resources to enhance their lessons on local history.
- We will continue our work to make the archives more accessible to the public and searchable on our website.
Through your annual membership, you can be involved in your community and help celebrate the heritage of Maple Ridge and its residents. You can contribute to our goals of bringing the museum and history into schools at no cost to teachers. Your membership keeps us operating not just financially but as a registered society, not-for-profit, and charity.
In return, you will receive our bi-monthly newsletter, early access to tickets for events like Paranormal Nights, and voting rights at our annual AGM.
To sign up, fill out the online form below and follow the link for payment.
- Individual: $20/year
- Family: $25/year
Donations are always welcome and the Society provides tax receipts for donations of $20 or more. Donate here.
If you would like to make a monetary donation in addition to purchasing a membership, please add your donation amount to your cart, then select Memberships from the list on the left of the donations page and add your membership to your cart before checking out.
Fields marked with a * are required