Music on the Wharf Applications
SUBMISSIONS FOR 2023 ARE OPEN UNTIL 4PM FEBRUARY 17, 2023. SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Every winter, the Maple Ridge Historical Society accepts new submissions for our annual “MUSIC ON THE WHARF” concert series. This signature event has been running on the historic Port Haney Wharf for over 20 years and it consists of 4 concerts spread out over July and August. Each performance runs approximately 90 minutes, with a 15 minute break between two sets. It is a free community event in an outdoor setting by the river. Donations are accepted to help offset the cost of the series and raise funds for the Historical Society. Artists are paid a $500 honorarium for their performance and they are permitted to sell merchandise to help generate more revenue and awareness for their music.
Our 2023 Music on the Wharf dates are July 10, July 24, August 14, and August 28. Please only apply if one or more of those dates work for you.
Applications from interested musicians are accepted until 4pm on February 17th for the upcoming summer. After that date, the applications are short listed and sent to a committee for consideration and review. Selection decisions will be made by early March, with offers sent out shortly thereafter.
Each application package must include:
- Music samples: 3 full songs uploaded to a shareable drive or a link to a website / YouTube channel with samples
- An expression of interest letter attached to an email (PDF format preferred). This letter must include:
- a short biography of your group (or solo/duo act)
- examples of other community concerts you’ve performed at
- the # of people in your group
- the types of instruments used
- links to the band or artist’s social media pages
- confirmation that you have all of your own gear and you do not require any technical support
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
E-mail application package to email@example.com with “Music on the Wharf [insert musician or band’s name] Application” as the subject.
Direct all questions to Abby at 604-463-5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must be received by February 17th to be considered in the upcoming summer season.
For more information on the event, please click here.