We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and implementing a wide variety of public programs, outreach, and activities. At its heart this role is about integrating the museum into our community and expanding its reach.
You will collaborate with arts and culture community partner representatives on the development and delivery of special events, and celebrations as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, organisations, schools, and groups with a special interest in assigned program areas; providing information to members of the public on program related matters. In addition, you will be in charge of coordinating our social media and recruiting and overseeing volunteers.
The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director. At the Maple Ridge Museum, the Community Engagement Coordinator is part of a small team of museum professionals excited to offer the best possible museum experience to our community.
- Planning and implementing various museum events (seasonal, annual, fundraisers, bookable services, concert series, etc.)
- Researching and developing new education and community programs
- Research and create new educational programs for new and existing exhibits
- Developing and delivering museum educational programming to school and community groups
- Conducting guided tours of the Maple Ridge Museum and Haney House Museum
- Interviewing and recruiting volunteers, ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position and that their training is updated as needed
- Plan at least one event/activity per year to honour volunteer staff
- Manage and create social media communications
- Bachelor’s Degrees in related discipline and/or relevant experience (degree in history, anthropology, education, museum studies preferred).
- Experience supervising paid staff and volunteers; experience working with a board of directors desirable.
- High level of computer literacy including database management, spreadsheets and word processing in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Experience with graphic design and/or creative skills considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, clear and effective written and oral communication, and effective group skills.
- Seeking a candidate with an extroverted, go-getter personality. Candidate should be comfortable instigating and participating in a range of social situations.
Salary: $23/hour, must be available to work Sundays, includes benefits after probation period.
Please send cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org