The Maple Ridge Historical Society manages six historic buildings, three of which can be rented out for meetings, events, and filming.
St. Andrews Church Hall
The primary rental facility is the St Andrew’s Heritage Church Hall, a brick building on 116th Ave, just west of the Haney Bypass. It has been restored as a small community hall and is available for gatherings of 75 or less.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian was built on land owned by Thomas Haney in 1878. It housed its congregation through the transition to the United Church in 1926 until it was finally outgrown in the middle 1950’s. It was purchased by the municipality after being rescued by George Mussallem and was given over to the management of the Maple Ridge Historical Society. Located at 22279 116th Ave in Maple Ridge, the hall is intimate and charming and will hold events for up to 70 people or 50 at tables. It is perfect for small weddings, family parties, church gatherings, and meetings.
Please be advised that events with alcohol have different requirements than those without. You’ll require a liquor license plus special event insurance and will need to provide proof of both. For further information please see our rental contract.
For rental booking please contact Tom Little at Haney House at 604.463.1377 or through our Contact form.
* Discount rates available for regular users who book a year in advance. Call for more information.
Security Deposit $100
|Social Activities||4 hours||$100|
|– additional setup time||$20/hr|
|9am – 5pm||$200|
|5pm – 1am||$200|
|Club or Organization Meetings*||4 hours||$55*|
|9am – 5pm||$120|
|5pm – 1am||$120|
|Lockers||yearly||$150, paid in advance|
Weddings at Haney House
Situated in a beautiful heritage perennial garden, the 19th century farmhouse that belonged to the Thomas Haney family makes the perfect backdrop for wedding photos. There is even a wonderful lattice-work arch that is covered with huge purple blooms of clematis in season.
The Haney House grounds are a municipal park and as such are available free to use for photography. Be aware, though, that other park users may wander past on the path.
If you wish to have access to the interior of Haney House for photographs or to use the washroom and kitchen areas as changing room space, the cost is $50 per hour by pre-arranged contract. For further information please see our rental contract.
A 50% deposit is required and cancellations will be accepted no later than two weeks before the wedding. If the cancellation is within two weeks, the deposit is not returned.
Your contact for rentals is Tom Little. He can be reached at Haney House at 604.463.1377 or through our Contact Us form.
The small white building on Port Haney Wharf has a long and mobile history. It was built by George Shewfelt in about 1935 as a real estate and insurance office. It was located on 8th Avenue [224th Street] near St. Anne’s Street.
A building of this size – measuring only 10 x 13’ – was long considered quite portable. It was moved near the Port Haney Wharf for the first time as the office for Beckstrom’s Towing in the 1950’s and features prominently in pictures taken of Princess Margaret’s visit by float plane in 1958. It faced River Road with its back to the wharf.
Still later, the little building became the Wharfinger’s office for the nearby Fisherman’s Wharf. It eventually went out of use and was in danger of destruction when rescued by volunteers from the Maple Ridge Historical Society who moved it to the museum grounds for a period of restoration and then on to the wharf for the opening of the Heritage River Walk in 1992.
The building can be rented from the Historical Society for wharf-centred events or for filming projects. Contact us for further information.