Become a Member
The Maple Ridge Historical Society relies on memberships from community members to survive. Societies are member-driven organizations that exist only so long as there are members supporting them.
The Maple Ridge Historical Society operates the Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives and manages Haney House Museum, St Andrews Heritage Church, and the Old Post Office building on Callaghan St. We are committed to preserving and honouring our local history, as well as the heritage and stories of the people who live in Maple Ridge today.
With the community’s support in 2022, this is what we accomplished:
- Seven temporary exhibits at the Maple Ridge Museum, Haney House Museum, Maple Ridge Public Library, and Albion Community Centre, with themes that included Japanese-Canadian internment, Maple Ridge’s Finnish population, and fruit farming in Maple Ridge.
- We renovated Maple Ridge Museum’s main gallery space and updated the permanent exhibits.
- We put on dozens of events, including Paranormal Nights, Mother’s Day, Apple Harvest Festival, monthly walking tours, and our popular monthly DARS Open House.
- We launched our community outreach program, Museum on the Move, and made 18 appearances at events and locations around town. This new program has also received recognition from the wider museum community.
- For the first time, we opened our community archives to the public in the newly renovated Brickyard Office building next to Maple Ridge Museum.
- We intend to continue our trend of growth and community outreach with new and engaging exhibits at both museums and locations around Maple Ridge.
- We will develop a “Heritage Today” exhibit at the museum where we will tell the diverse stories and histories of the people who make up Maple Ridge’s population in 2023.
- We will continue to expand Museum on the Move to reach every corner of town with engaging exhibits and activities for all ages and abilities.
- We will take Museum on the Move into schools, providing educational programs for classrooms that will be free and accessible.
- We will continue our work to make the archives more accessible to the public and searchable on our website.
Through your annual membership, you can be involved in your community and help celebrate the heritage of Maple Ridge and its residents. You can contribute to our goals of bringing the museum and history into schools at no cost to teachers. Your membership keeps us operating not just financially but as a registered society, not-for-profit, and charity.
In return, you will receive our bi-monthly newsletter, early access to tickets for events like Mother’s Day and Paranormal Nights, and voting rights at our annual AGM.
To sign up, fill out the online form below and follow the link for payment.
- Individual: $20/year
- Family: $25/year
Donations are always welcome and the Society provides tax receipts for donations of $20 or more. Donate here.
If you would like to make a monetary donation in addition to purchasing a membership, please add your donation amount to your cart, then select Memberships from the list on the left of the donations page and add your membership to your cart before checking out.
Fields marked with a * are required