Join us for some exciting upcoming events !
– CEMETERY WALKING TOURS: Join us on Saturday, Oct. 23 or Saturday, Oct. 30 for a historic walking tour of the Maple Ridge Cemetery. For more details or to sign up for this free event, visit this page.
– PARANORMAL NIGHTS: Embark on a ghost hunting investigation at the historic Haney House; one of Maple Ridge’s oldest homes. Led by Cornerstone Supernatural, this ticketed event runs on Friday, Oct. 29 and Saturday, Nov. 6. Limited tickets are available. More info here!
– HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN! Visit the Maple Ridge Museum over Halloween weekend (Saturday, Oct. 30 and Sunday, Oct 31st between 11AM to 3PM) for some family fun! Kids can create engage in some crafts, play a game, and pick out a pumpkin to take home! If weather allows, a pumpkin carving station will be set up outside if you’d like to customize it before taking it home. Advance registration is required. Purchase your family pass for $10 by clicking here.
– CREEPY DOLL CONTEST: Follow us on social media to participate in our 2nd annual “Creepy Doll Contest” ! Five of our scariest antique dolls will make their debut online between October 21st and 31st. Check out all of them and vote for your favourite by commenting on any of the posts. A name will be drawn on November 5th and one lucky winner will take home a prize pack from Haunted History BC. You can find us at Maple Ridge Museum or @MRMarchives across all social media platforms (FB, IG, Twitter, and TikTok).
– A NIGHT AT THE MACABRE: A set of 3 short theatre plays presented by Emerald Pig Theatrical Society will run on rotation at the Maple Ridge Museum, Haney House, and St. Andrews Church. Patrons will be encouraged to walk to each venue and enjoy all three performances that run approximately 10 minutes in length each. Details are still being worked out, but the performances will be between 7PM and 9PM on Saturday, October 30th.
– HANDS UP! We are excited to announce that, for three weekends in September, we’ll be hosting a one-of-a-kind theatrical event! Brought to you by Sea to Sky Immersive, an innovative and gripping audio visual experience will take you through the thrilling story of Billy Miner at the Maple Ridge Museum. For more information, showtimes, and tickets, visit this page.
JULY & AUGUST 2021
– EXTENDED OPENING HOURS: The Maple Ridge Museum extends its opening hours! We are now open Wednesdays thru Sundays from 10AM to 4PM. No reservation is required and covid safety protocols are in place. Come and explore the history of Maple Ridge. Admission is free, but donations are accepted to help preserve our collection.
Note that the Haney House Museum remains closed due to covid, as we unfortunately cannot accommodate physical distancing and one-way traffic in that building.
– MUSIC ON THE WHARF returns for its 24th season but things will be a little different this year! We invite you to pre-reserve a spot to enjoy any of 4 free concerts that we are hosing in downtown Maple Ridge at Memorial Peace Park. Dates, details, and reservation information here.
– MUSEUM IN THE PARK: On Saturdays & Sundays from 11am to 3pm, join us right outside the Maple Ridge Museum for some extra historical learning. Get to know our staff and volunteers, share your own stories and experiences, and learn about how our community came to be.