In 1922, Owen Fuller Sr., with his sons Bill and Jack, acquired majority share in a store called Hall & Sons. When Jack Watson (brother-in-law of Jack and Bill Fuller) became a partner, the name was changed to Fuller-Watson General Store. Later with the construction of Lougheed Highway, Fuller-Watson moved up the hill in 1932 from River Road to its current location. It was the first business to relocate from the over crowded Port Haney to what would become the new town center, most other Port Haney businesses followed suit. Although the building has been remodeled several times over the years, Fuller-Watson has remained a fixture in downtown Haney.
While this scavenger hunt addresses primarily white settler history, it is important to note that both the Katzie and Kwantlen’s history with this land spans back thousands of years prior to the arrival of European settlers. We would like to acknowledge that each of the places in this scavenger hunt are part of the unceded territories of the Katzie First Nation and the Kwantlen First Nation on which we are lucky enough to work and share this land’s history.